General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Karl Stern from Jostens will be here on Tuesday, 3/14/17 during lunch to pass out graduation materials to senior students.
- The annual badminton tournament is tonight, starting at 4:00 PM in the FMHS gym. The tournament is a doubles tournament and all staff and students of FMHS are welcome to play. The tournament will be a double-elimination format and prizes will be awarded. You can still sign up with Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom.
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before 3/31/17. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
- There will be a tennis meeting in room 202 at 2:00 PM on Wednesday, 3/8/17 for anyone wishing to participate in boys tennis. Coach Hogan asks that you have physicals completed before the meeting.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday, 4/8/17. Please email Ms. Shelly Hoenig at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping out.
- Happy birthday to Dawson Hunt from Saturday.
- Happy birthdays to Abby Camp and Gaven Miller from Sunday.
- Happy birthday to Gage Lange.
Happy UN-Birthday! (Celebrating Summer Birthdays):
- Happy un-birthdays to Marilyn Penrod, Zoe Ramatowski, Breann Schneider, and Reann Schneider (July 4).
- Happy un-birthday to Da’Savion Coleman (July 5)
- Happy un-birthday to Paula Hermann, William Kemp, and Parker Stratton (July 6).
- Beef nachos or crispidos;
- Refried beans and/or corn;
- Applesauce and/or pears.
Word of the Day: Siege – noun [seege]
- A persistent or serious attack. As in:
- The castle was built to withstand a siege.
This Day in History: 1899 – The Imperial Patent Office in Berlin, Germany registers Aspirin, the brand name for acetylsalicylic acid, on behalf of the German pharmaceutical company Frederich Bayer & Co.
Fact of the Day: Aspirin is the most common drug in household medicine cabinets around the world by a margin of 2 to 1.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? In the mid-1960s, Slumber Party Barbie came with a book called “How to Lose Weight”. One of the tips was “Don’t eat”. Not sound advice!