General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Karl Stern from Jostens will be here on Tuesday, 3/14/17 during lunch to pass out graduation materials to senior students.
- Congratulations to Jayla Ellefritz, who won the IHSBA reading promotion this past week. The first Makerspace Challenge will begin on Wednesday and will run the entire month of March. The challenge is book art. See Ms. Puga or Ms. Jackson for more details.
- The annual badminton tournament will be next Monday, starting at 4:00 PM in the FMHS gym. The tournament is a doubles tournament and all staff and students of FMHS are welcome to play. The tournament will be a double-elimination format and prizes will be awarded. You can sign up with Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom.
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before 3/31/17. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Student volunteers are needed for the elementary school carnival on Saturday, 4/8/17. Please email Ms. Shelly Hoenig at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out.
- Happy birthdays to Paige Auge, Brendan DuBois, Cody Patton, and Nathan Rose.
Happy UN-Birthday! (Celebrating Summer Birthdays):
- Happy un-birthday to Jesus Herrera (July 2).
- Chicken nuggets or salisbury steak;
- Mashed potatoes and/or country blend potatoes;
- Peaches and/or baked potatoes;
- Bread and butter.
Word of the Day: Savvy – adjective [saa-vee]
- Having common sense and good judgement. As in:
- Tech-savvy students are able to create good presentations easily.
This Day in History: 1904 – Theodor Geisel, better known to the world as Dr. Seuss, is born in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Fact of the Day: Theodor Geisel used his mother’s maiden name (which also happened to be his middle name) as his pen name. Dr. Seuss wrote 48 books which have sold well over 200 million copies and been translated into multiple languages.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? In 1493, Christopher Columbus encountered what he believed to be mermaids in his travels, remarking of the creatures “they are not as pretty as depicted, for somehow in the face they look like men”. Columbus was looking at a manatee.
- Parenting in a Fakebook World: How Social Media is Affecting Your Parenting