General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The annual badminton tournament will be on Monday, 3/6/17 starting at 4:00 PM in the FMHS gym. The tournament is a doubles tournament and all staff and students of FMHS are welcome to play. The tournament will be a double-elimination format and prizes will be awarded. You can sign up with Mr. Huckabone or Ms. Knustrom. Practice time will be available in the mornings in the gym starting on Tuesday, 2/21/17.
- NHS will be conducting a penny drive all week to raise money for the Leukemia Foundation. They will have a table set up in the MPR during lunch each day with buckets which will have teacher’s names on them. The teacher with the most money tomorrow will sing Karaoke at the assembly that day. Go vote for your favorite teacher!
- Students: please look at your trimester 3 schedules now in PowerSchool. If you are in need of a schedule change, you need to stop by the guidance office and schedule an appointment with your counselor. All schedule changes must be completed by Tuesday, 2/21/17.
- The FMHS Key Club will be hosting a blood drive and rummage sale on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Both events will be held at FMHS. To sign up to donate blood, please go to www.bloodcenterimpact.org or contact Ms. Sarah Kohl in the guidance office. The Key Club is in need of gently used items for donation. Please, no TVs, electronics, broken toys, or undergarments. If you have items to donate to the rummage sale or are interested in information about the blood drive or rummage sale, please see Ms. Sarah Kohl in the guidance office or Ms. Shalisse Johnstun in room 305.
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before 3/31/17. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
- Kirkwood Community College will have a representative at FMHS during lunch tomorrow. If you would like to learn more about Kirkwood, please stop by their table in the MPR during lunch.
Happy UN-Birthday! (Celebrating Summer Birthdays):
- Happy un-birthdays to Andrew Lake and Brooklyn Marsh (June 16).
- Beef nachos or crispidos;
- Refried beans and/or salad;
- Baked apples and/or peaches.
Word of the Day: Pharaoh – noun [fair-oh]
- A ruler of ancient Egypt. As in:
- Pharaoh is a synonym for king.
This Day in History: 1923 – Archaeologist Howard Carter enters the sealed burial chamber of the ancient Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamen.
Fact of the Day: Ancient Egyptians believed their pharaohs to be gods, carefully preserving their bodies after death and burying them in elaborate tombs containing rich treasures to accompany them into the afterlife.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? John Mercer Langston was the first black man to become a lawyer in the United States, doing so in Ohio in 1854. Langston would go on to have a stellar political career, serving the citizens of the US until his death in 1897.