General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before March 31, 2017. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
- Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday. Testing will begin promptly at 8:15 AM each day. Testing will end at 9:10 AM and regular classes will begin at 9:15 AM on Wednesday, and 10:15 AM on Thursday and Friday. Please get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast each day. You will need to bring a calculator on Thursday February 2nd if you wish to use one on the math assessment. If you have questions, please ask them in the guidance office.
- Attention seniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday. FMHS will operate on a 1-hour late start schedule Wednesday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 9:10 AM next Wednesday. FMHS will operate on a 2-hour late start schedule Thursday and Friday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 10:10 AM. Thursday and Friday. Please refer to the Bell Schedule for late start timelines. The 1-hour and 2-hour bell schedules are highlighted green.
- Schedule for Wednesday, February 1, 2017:
- 8:15-9:10 AM – Iowa Assessments
- 9:15-9:52 AM – Period 1
- 9:56-10:33 AM – Period 2
- 10:37-11:14 AM – Period 3
- 11:18-11:55 AM – Period 4
- 11:55 AM-12:20 PM – A Lunch
- 11:59 AM-12:40 PM – B TST
- 12:24-1:05 PM – A TST
- 12:40-1:05 PM – B Lunch
- 1:09-1:45 PM – Period 5
- On Thursday, February 2, and Friday February 3, FMHS will operate on the 2-hour late start schedule linked above.
- If you are a male and interested in participating in track, you may sign up starting today in the main office at Ms. Wiseman’s desk. There will be a meeting on Monday, 2/13/17 in the MPR at 3:30 PM. Practice will begin on Tuesday, 2/21/17.
- Happy birthday from Saturday to Dezire Kline.
- Happy birthdays to Isabella Baier, Cole McKeown-Smith, and Tristen White.
- Mandarin Chicken or meatloaf;
- Green beans and/or broccoli;
- Pineapple and/or fruited jello.
Word of the Day: Whimsical – adjective [wim-zih-kull]
- Subject to erratic behavior or unpredictable change. As in:
- Assassins are often whimsical in the act, often times giving themselves away before they make an attempt.
This Day in History: 1835 – President Andrew Jackson survives the first assassination attempt of a US president.
Fact of the Day: Andrew Jackson is the “first” in presidential history quite often. He is the first (and only) president to kill a man in a duel. The first president to have married a divorced woman. He is the only president to have been a prisoner of war. Jackson is the first president to have adopted children (two orphaned Native American boys). President Jackson has also appeared on the $5, $10, and $10,000 dollar bills, in addition to being displayed on the Confederate $1,000 bill.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The chances of you dying on the way to get a lottery ticket is greater than the chance of actually winning the lottery.