General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Students and teachers: please find time in your busy schedules to complete this survey sometime before March 31, 2017. The input will help our IT department determine the effectiveness of technology in our school. Thanks!
- Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. Testing will begin promptly at 8:15 AM each day. Testing will end at 9:10 AM and regular classes will begin at 9:15 AM on Wednesday, and 10:15 AM on Thursday and Friday. Please get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast each day. You will need to bring a calculator on Thursday February 2nd if you wish to use one on the math assessment. If you have questions, please ask them in the guidance office.
- Attention seniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. FMHS will operate on a 1-hour late start schedule next Wednesday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 9:10 AM next Wednesday. FMHS will operate on a 2-hour late start schedule next Thursday and Friday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 10:10 AM next Thursday and Friday. Please refer to the Bell Schedule for late start timelines. The 1-hour and 2-hour bell schedules are highlighted green.
- Schedule for Wednesday, February 1, 2017:
- 8:15-9:10 AM – Iowa Assessments
- 9:15-9:52 AM – Period 1
- 9:56-10:33 AM – Period 2
- 10:37-11:14 AM – Period 3
- 11:18-11:55 AM – Period 4
- 11:55 AM-12:20 PM – A Lunch
- 11:59 AM-12:40 PM – B TST
- 12:24-1:05 PM – A TST
- 12:40-1:05 PM – B Lunch
- 1:09-1:45 PM – Period 5
- On Thursday, February 2, and Friday February 3, FMHS will operate on the 2-hour late start schedule linked above.
- If you are a male and interested in participating in track, you may sign up starting today in the main office at Ms. Wiseman’s desk. There will be a meeting on Monday, 2/13/17 in the MPR at 3:30 PM. Practice will begin on Tuesday, 2/21/17.
- Good luck to the boys basketball teams as they host the Panthers of Mount Pleasant this evening in the Hound Dome. Games tip off at 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV and varsity girls basketball teams as they travel to Mount Pleasant this evening to play the Panthers. Games start at 6:15 PM.
- Good luck to the JV wrestlers as they scuffle in the Southeast Conference meet tonight in Fairfield. Matches begin at 5:30 PM.
- Best of luck to the varsity wrestlers tomorrow as they travel to Fairfield to contend for Southeast Conference titles. Whistles blow at 10:00 AM.
- Good luck to the varsity girls and boys basketball teams as they host the Central Lee Hawks tomorrow evening in the Hound Dome. Games start at 5:00 PM.
- Come out tomorrow evening and enjoy the basketball games in the Hound Dome and enjoy the annual Cake Auction. Festivities will include the auctioning of cakes, both live and silent. Get out and show your support!
- Chili or toasted cheese;
- Country blend vegetables and/or celery stick;
- Peaches and/or tropical fruit.
Word of the Day: Diffusion – noun [dih-fuh-shun]
- The spreading of something more widely for knowledge. As in:
- Teachers use the art of diffusion on a daily basis.
This Day in History: 1888 – The National Geographic Society is founded in Washington, DC for “the increase and diffusion of geographical knowledge.”
Fact of the Day: National Geographic is widely known for its stunning and pioneering photography, being the first to print natural-color photos of the sky, sea, and the North and South Poles.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? A 2015 study found that 48% of soda fountains in the United States contained fecal (poop) bacteria, and 11% contained E. Coli bacteria.