General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. Testing will begin promptly at 8:15 AM each day. Testing will end at 9:10 AM and regular classes will begin at 9:15 AM on Wednesday, and 10:15 AM on Thursday and Friday. Please get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast each day. You will need to bring a calculator on Thursday February 2nd if you wish to use one on the math assessment. If you have questions, please ask them in the guidance office.
- Attention seniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. FMHS will operate on a 1-hour late start schedule next Wednesday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 9:10 AM next Wednesday. FMHS will operate on a 2-hour late start schedule next Thursday and Friday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 10:10 AM next Thursday and Friday. Please refer to the Bell Schedule for late start timelines. The 1-hour and 2-hour bell schedules are highlighted green.
- Schedule for Wednesday, February 1, 2017:
- 8:15-9:10 AM – Iowa Assessments
- 9:15-9:52 AM – Period 1
- 9:56-10:33 AM – Period 2
- 10:37-11:14 AM – Period 3
- 11:18-11:55 AM – Period 4
- 11:55 AM-12:20 PM – A Lunch
- 11:59 AM-12:40 PM – B TST
- 12:24-1:05 PM – A TST
- 12:40-1:05 PM – B Lunch
- 1:09-1:45 PM – Period 5
- On Thursday, February 2 and Friday February 3 FMHS will operate on the 2-hour late start schedule linked above.
- The Lee County Soil & Water Conservation is holding a poster contest for students in grades grades K-12. The theme is “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life”. If you are interested in participating, please stop by the guidance office for more information.
- Congratulations to Nakia Ross. Nakia’s name was drawn in the “Reading the Book Awards Books” contest! We still have a basket full and will be drawing again in two weeks. It’s not too late to enter! Do so in the library with Ms. Puga or Ms. Jackson.
- Happy birthdays to Brooke Beckman , Sheldon Edwards and Ms. Goldie Johnsen.
- Mac and cheese or fish nuggets;
- Baby carrots and/or peas;
- Applesauce and/or strawberries.
Word of the Day: Uncouth – adjective [un-kooth]
- Awkward or clumsy. As in:
- It is uncouth to ask about the monetary value of a gift.
This Day in History: 1924 – The first Winter Olympics begin in Chamonix, France in the French Alps.
Fact of the Day: Figure skating was an event in the Summer Olympics of 1908. Held in London, the figure skating competition occurred in October, three months after the closing ceremonies for those games.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Only 5% of the universe is observable from Earth.