General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. Testing will begin promptly at 8:15 AM each day. Testing will end at 9:10 AM and regular classes will begin at 9:15 AM on Wednesday, and 10:15 AM on Thursday and Friday. Please get a good night’s rest and eat a healthy breakfast each day. You will need to bring a calculator on Thursday February 2nd if you wish to use one on the math assessment. If you have questions, please ask them in the guidance office.
- Attention seniors: FMHS will take Iowa Assessments Wednesday through Friday next week, February 1st through 3rd. FMHS will operate on a 1-hour late start schedule next Wednesday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 9:10 AM next Wednesday. FMHS will operate on a 2-hour late start schedule next Thursday and Friday, meaning you will not need to report to school until 10:10 AM next Thursday and Friday. Please refer to the Bell Schedule for late start timelines. The 1-hour and 2-hour bell schedules are highlighted green.
- The Lee County Soil & Water Conservation is holding a poster contest for students in grades grades K-12. The theme is “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life”. If you are interested in participating, please stop by the guidance office for more information.
- Congratulations to Nakia Ross. Nakia’s name was drawn in the “Reading the Book Awards Books” contest! We still have a basket full and will be drawing again in two weeks. It’s not too late to enter! Do so in the library with Ms. Puga or Ms. Jackson.
- Good luck to the wrestling team as they travel to Kirksville, MO to take on the Tigers tonight. The Tigers and Bloodhounds will also be opposed by the Reds of Centerville. Matches start at 6:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV and varsity boys basketball teams as they head to Clark County, MO to play the Indians. Tip off is 6:00 PM.
- Good luck to the JV and varsity girls basketball teams as they play host to the Danville Bears this evening in the Hound Dome. Games start at 6:00 PM.
- Happy birthdays to Emmalynn Knox and Aaron Steffensmeier.
- Chicken patty sandwich or cheesey breadsticks;
- Green beans and/or cherry tomatoes;
- Mandarin oranges and/or pears.
Word of the Day: Admissible – adjective [add-miss-ihble]
- Worthy of being permitted or allowed. As in:
- The judge determined the confession was admissible in court.
This Day in History: 1848 – Gold is discovered along the banks of a creek in California, leading to the largest gold rush in US history and forever changing the course of history in the American West.
Fact of the Day: The goldrush of 1849 in California is memorialized in the NFL franchise located in San Francisco. They are known as the 49ers.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in a court of law.