General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention individual speech team members: Mr. Joe Harmon will be available in room 301 after school each day this week. Please stop by to set up your program and practice schedules. If you have not signed up yet, there are still events open. Sign up today!
- This is Key Club Week:
- Friday – Show your Key Club spirit.
- Yesterday was Key Club’s Random Act of Kindness Day! If you were observed doing something nice for someone else, you were given a blue and yellow key. Please stop by the guidance office for a prize if you were provided one of those keys!
- A reminder for all young men at FMHS: as an adult male in the United States you are required by law to register with the Selective Service System. Please stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- Good luck to the JV wrestlers as they travel north along the Mississippi River to Louisa-Muscatine to grapple in the Louisa-Muscatine Invite this evening. Wrestling commences at 5:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the varsity wrestlers as they take part in the Urbandale Invite tomorrow. Matches begin at 9:00 AM.
- Good luck to the freshmen boys basketball team tomorrow at Central Lee. The game tips off at 10:00 AM @ CLHS.
- Best of luck to the girls and boys varsity basketball teams tomorrow evening as they participate in the “Rumble on the River” in Quincy. Both games will be played at John Wood Community College in Quincy. Girls play at 4:00 PM. Boys follow at 5:30.
- The FMHS Variety Show, sponsored by the FMHS music department will be held on Sunday at 2:00 PM at FMHS. Come enjoy the entertainment.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Mr. Mike Killoren of Fort Madison is completing a historical documentary about the 125 years of paper manufacturing in Fort Madison and is in need of several students to serve as “continuity persons” throughout the video that will be created. Scripts will be provided. The finished documentary will be sold through the North Lee County Historical Society. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see Mr. Smith in the office.
- Happy birthdays to Aaron Copic and Bailey Wiley.
- Corn and/or celery sticks;
- Applesauce and/or tropical fruit.
Word of the Day: Subsequent – adjective [sub-sih-qwent]
- Following in time. As in:
- Time will tell if President Donald Trump is elected to subsequent terms.
This Day in History: 1945 – President Franklin Delano Roosevelt is inaugurated to his fourth term as President of the United States of America.
Fact of the Day: FDR’s unparalleled 13 years as president led to the 1947 passing of the 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution, limiting future presidents to a maximum of two terms elected in office, or a maximum of 10 years.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Choosing exciting places for a first date is statistically proven to enhance the chances for both subsequent dates and the other person falling in love with you.