General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention individual speech team members: Mr. Joe Harmon will be available in room 301 after school each day this week. Please stop by to set up your program and practice schedules. If you have not signed up yet, there are still events open. Sign up today!
- This is Key Club Week:
- Thursday – Recognize random acts of kindness.
- Friday – Show your Key Club spirit.
- A reminder for all young men at FMHS: as an adult male in the United States you are required by law to register with the Selective Service System. Please stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- Good luck to the JV girls and boys basketball teams as they travel to Donnellson to take on the Hawks of Central Lee this evening. Games tip off at 6:00 PM.
- Best of luck to the Bloodhound wrestlers tonight as they host the Chiefs from Keokuk. Matches begin at 6:30 PM.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- Mr. Mike Killoren of Fort Madison is completing a historical documentary about the 125 years of paper manufacturing in Fort Madison and is in need of several students to serve as “continuity persons” throughout the video that will be created. Scripts will be provided. The finished documentary will be sold through the North Lee County Historical Society. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see Mr. Smith in the office.
- Happy birthdays to Tori Harris-Gully, Austin Kreuguer, Chaeli Schneider, Ryan Steffensmeier, and Mr. Jim King.
- Hot dog or meatball sub;
- Tater tots or California blend vegetables;
- Peaches and/or orange half;
- January birthday treats.
Word of the Day: Literary – adjective [lit-ur-airy]
- Of, or relating to book. As in:
- Edgar Allan Poe’s writings have much literary merit.
This Day in History: 1809 – Poet, author, and literary critic Edgar Allan Poe is born in Boston Massachusetts.
Fact of the Day: The Baltimore “Ravens” are named after Edgar Allan Poe’s famous poem of the same name. The name of the team was decided by a telephone survey in Baltimore. Of the 33,000 people who voted, 21,108 chose the Ravens.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? There are more stars in space than there are grains of sand on every beach on Earth.