General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- It’s Key Club week! Key Club will have activities all week:
- Tuesday – meet someone new and take a selfie. There will be a prize for most selfies (with different people).
- Wednesday – Random act of kindness day and Key Club inductions.
- Thursday – Recognize random acts of kindness day and the handing out of “keys”.
- Friday – Key Club spirit day – wear you Key Club shirt to school.
- A reminder for all young men at FMHS: as an adult male in the United States you are required by law to register with the Selective Service System. Please stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- Good luck to the varsity girls and boys basketball teams as they travel to Burlington take on the Grayhounds tonight at 6:00 PM.
- Happy birthdays from Saturday to Nicholas Bushinger and Jessica Parsons.
- Happy birthdays from Sunday to Kerrigan Austin, Cheyenne Newman, Kristopher Pauly, and Timothy Richardson.
- Happy birthdays from Monday to Christopher Blakeley and Lane Krieger.
- Happy birthday to Sierra Crowther.
- Popcorn chicken or Salisbury steak;
- Mashed potatoes and/or pasta salad;
- Pineapple and/or bananas;
- Dinner roll.
Word of the Day: Derive – transitive verb [dee-ryve]
- The trace the meaning of. As in:
- The word “Mississippi” is derived from a native american word meaning “the father of waters”.
This Day in History: 1984 – The court battle over the legality of the video cassette recorder (VCR) in Universal v. Sony is decided by the Supreme Court, ushering in the Blockbuster and DVR age.
Fact of the Day: By 1986, half of American homes has a VCR in them and the sale of movies on videocassette were greater than the annual theatrical box-office haul.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The word “gorilla” is derived from a Greek word meaning “a tribe of hairy men”.