General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- A reminder for all young men at FMHS: as an adult male in the United States you are required by law to register with the Selective Service System. Please stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- The guidance office has applications available for female students interested in becoming the Lee County Fair Queen. Please stop by if you are interested.
- Best of luck to the JV boys basketball team as they head south to take on the Chiefs of Keokuk tonight. Game time is 6:00 PM.
- Good luck to the Bloodhound grapplers as they head to Fairfield this evening to match up with the Trojans. Matches begin at 6:30 PM.
- Happy birthdays to Connor Hellweg and Ms. Jan Clark.
- Pork fritter or ravioli;
- Au gratin potatoes and/or country blend vegetables;
- Pineapple and/or mixed berries;
Word of the Day: Ardor – noun [are-durr]
- Enthusiasm or passion. As in:
- You should approach your education with great ardor.
This Day in History: 1932 – Ophelia Wyatt Caraway, a Democrat from Arkansas, becomes the first woman to be elected to the US Senate.
Fact of the Day: Although Ophelia Caraway was the first freely elected female senator, she was preceded in the Senate by Rebecca Latimer Felton, who was appointed in 1922 to fill a vacancy, but never ran for election.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? If the human brain were a computer, it could perform 38-thousand trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful supercomputer can only manage .002% of that.