General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Parent/teacher conferences are from 3:30 to 7:00 PM this evening. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for your convenience. Administration will be in the building and can be paged if need be.
- The guidance office has applications available for female students interested in becoming the Lee County Fair Queen. Please stop by if you are interested.
- The guidance office is looking for student volunteers to help direct parents during parent/teacher conferences tomorrow. There will be two shifts: the first from 3:15-5:15 PM and the second from 5:00-7:00 PM. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours.
- Happy birthday to Brock Barnes.
- Chicken & noodles or turkey fritter;
- Mashed potatoes and/or celery sticks;
- Mandarin oranges and/or tropical fruit.
Word of the Day: Salient – adjective [sail-yunt]
- Standing out prominently. As in:
- The Grand Canyon is a salient feature of the southwest.
This Day in History: 1908 – US President Theodore Roosevelt declares the massive Grand Canyon in northwestern Arizona a national monument.
Fact of the Day: The rocks at the bottom of the Grand Canyon are nearly 2 billion years old. The rocks at the top of the canyon are 230 million years old. Thus, the Grand Canyon reveals an astonishing 40% of earth’s 4 billion year timeline.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? A TI-83 calculator has six times more processing power than the computer that landed Apollo 11 on the moon.