General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Parent/teacher conferences are from 3:30 to 7:00 PM tomorrow evening. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for your convenience. Administration will be in the building and can be paged if need be.
- The guidance office is looking for student volunteers to help direct parents during parent/teacher conferences tomorrow. There will be two shifts: the first from 3:15-5:15 PM and the second from 5:00-7:00 PM. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours.
- Best of luck to the boys basketball teams as they travel to Mount Pleasant to take on the Panthers this evening at MPHS. Games tip off at 4:45 PM.
- Good luck to the girls JV and varsity basketball teams as they host the Panthers of Mount Pleasant tonight in the Hound Dome. Competition begins at 6:15 PM.
- Happy birthdays to Sarah Bernhardt and Ethan Smutzer.
- Corn dog or pulled pork sandwich;
- Baked beans and/or cole slaw;
- Pears and/or strawberries;
Word of the Day: Crude – adjective [krood]
- In a natural or raw state. As in:
- Crude oil is refined to make gasoline.
This Day in History: 1901 – An oil-drilling derrick in Beuamont, Texas strikes oil for the first time in the United States, ushering in the American oil industry.
Fact of the Day: Crude oil (petroleum) was referred to a “black gold” in the early 1900s and became the world’s first trillion dollar industry.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? One in every five adults in the United States believe that there are aliens on our planet disguised as humans.