General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Parent/teacher conferences are from 3:30 to 7:00 PM on Wednesday evening. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for your convenience. Administration will be in the building and can be paged if need be.
- The guidance office is looking for student volunteers to help direct parents during parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday. There will be two shifts: the first from 3:15-5:15 PM and the second from 5:00-7:00 PM. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours.
- Access Energy will be sponsoring two sophomore or junior students to go on a youth tour trip to Washington D.C. in June of 2017. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please see Ms. Harter in guidance for an application.
- Happy birthdays from Saturday to Keely Christner, Caleb Gehle, and Katana Young.
- Happy birthdays to Marissa Buchanan, Daisy Meierotto, and Dalton Woolever.
- Cheese omelet or uncrustable PB & J;
- Spinach and/or diced potatoes;
- Fruit cocktail and/or cherry crisp;
Word of the Day: Lucrative – adjective [lou-cruh-tiv]
- Producing a great deal of wealth. As in:
- Apple is a very lucrative company.
This Day in History: 2007 – Steve Jobs unveils the iPhone at the Macword Convention in San Francisco.
Fact of the Day: To date, nearly 1.2 billion iPhones have been sold across the world. Next to Google, Apple is the second most profitable company in the world. Its current value is $495 billion.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The Haskell Library and Opera House is on the United States/Canada border. The stage of the opera house is in the United States. The audience sits in Canada.