General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Key Club will be having a regular meeting this evening. The board will meet at 5:00 PM to plan Key Club week followed by the regular meeting at 5:30 PM in Ms. Johnstun’s room. If you ordered a NEW Key Club shirt, please bring $10.50 as payment.
- Access Energy will be sponsoring two sophomore or junior students to go on a youth tour trip to Washington D.C. in June of 2017. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please see Ms. Harter in guidance for an application.
- Happy birthday to Jesse Muse.
- Corn and/or celery sticks;
- Mandarin oranges and/or apple crisp.
Word of the Day: Subpoena – noun [suh-pee-nuh]
- A court order requiring a person to attend court proceedings. As in:
- I was served with a subpoena to appear in court.
This Day in History: 1974 – President Richard Nixon refuses to hand over tape recordings and documents that had been subpoenaed by the Senate Watergate Committee, marking the beginning of the end of his Presidency.
Fact of the Day: President Nixon is the only president to resign the position of President of the United States. Despite a speech in which he infamously stated “I am not a crook”, there is much evidence that he was, in fact, guilty of at least three felony offenses. In total, 69 government officials were charged with crimes tied to the Watergate scandal and 48 were found guilty. President Nixon was pardoned by President Gerald Ford shortly after the scandal and was never charged with a crime. Nixon proclaimed his innocence until his death in 1994.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? There was a fad in the 1950s called “booth stuffing” where teens would try to stuff as many people as possible into a single phone booth.