General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Welcome to the new year. Make the most of the opportunities in front of you!
- Access Energy will be sponsoring two sophomore or junior students to go on a youth tour trip to Washington D.C. in June of 2017. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please see Ms. Harter in guidance for an application.
- Good luck to the freshmen boys and girls and JV boys basketball teams as they host the Demons of Washington at FMMS this evening. Tip off is 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV girls and varsity boys and girls basketball teams as they host Washington tonight in the Hound Dome. Games begin at 4:45 PM.
- 12/23/16 – Melissa Leisinring and Grant Niggemeyer.
- 12/24/16 – Jarrett Settles.
- 12/26/16 – Emily Kelly.
- 12/27/16 – Nicole Dennis and Cheyanne Woodsmall.
- 12/28/16 – Joseph Grabowski.
- 12/29/16 – Caleb Parsons.
- 12/30/16 – Noah Gasaway.
- 12/31/16 – Katelyn Bowen, Nathaniel Harter, and Galyn Stotlar.
- 1/1/17 – Mashyra Taylor.
- 1/2/17 – Victor Gonzalez.
- Chicken nuggets or little smokies;
- Mashed potatoes and/or California blend vegetables;
- Pears and/or mixed fruit;
- Dinner roll.
Word of the Day: Obscure – adjective [ahb-skewer]
- Not clearly seen or distinguished. As in:
- The fog had made the house obscure from the road.
This Day in History: 1924 – King Tutankhamen’s sarcophagus is opened, revealing a solid gold coffin containing the mummy of the boy king.
Fact of the Day: The great pyramids of Egypt were built as tombs for their pharaohs. After discovering that the pyramids were beacons of treasure, Egyptians began to bury their pharaohs in obscure locations. King Tut’s tomb was a simple underground structure nearly unnoticeable from above.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The largest living cat in the word is a tiger and weighs 922 pounds.