General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Merry Christmas and happy new year! Be safe, be smart, be legal!
- Access Energy will be sponsoring two sophomore or junior students to go on a youth tour trip to Washington D.C. in June of 2017. If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please see Ms. Harter in guidance for an application.
- Happy birthdays to Gaylyn Huling, Payton Jarvis, and Christopher Menke.
- Pizza or Italian salad;
- Winter blend vegetables;
- Pineapples and/or peaches;
- Birthday treats.
Word of the Day: Conceived – verb [kuhn-seavd]
- To become pregnant with. As in:
- The mother conceived her children after the age of 24.
This Day in History: 1956 – a baby gorilla named Colo enters the world at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio, becoming the first-ever gorilla born in captivity.
Fact of the Day: Captive gorillas typically live to an age of 50, but Colo is still alive today and is the great-grandmother to Timu, the first surviving infant gorilla conceived by artificial insemination.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Usain Bolt ate nothing but chicken nuggets while he was in Beijing, China for the Olympics because he wanted to be safe and doesn’t like Chinese food. He won three gold medals in those games.