General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Please click here to read about Fort Madison Community School District’s approach to delaying or closing school.
- Student government will be selling candy canes during lunch this week. Candy canes are $0.50 and can be purchased at the student government table in the MPR. Purchase one for yourself and send a few to your friends.
- The library/media center will have its first drawing in the Iowa Teen Book Awards reading challenge on Thursday. Be sure to get your name in the drawing.
- The student government will be sponsoring an “ugly sweater” day on Thursday.
- The FFA holiday meeting will be today at 7:00 PM. Please contact Ms. Slee for more information.
- Burrito or pretzel w/ cheese;
- Baked beans and/or celery sticks;
- Apple crisp and/or pears;
Word of the Day: Vaccine – noun [vak-seen]
- Preventative medicines given to assist in immunity from disease. As in:
- Doctors prescribe numerous vaccines to babies and toddlers.
This Day in History: 1957 – Elvis Presley is drafted into the US Army in the midst of his stardom around the world. Despite thousands of pleas from fans, Elvis dutifully fulfilled his service.
Fact of the Day: Elvis Presley got his polio shot from a doctor on national TV in 1960. The rate at which children were vaccinated rose from 2% to 85% in the three months afterwards.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in Lord of the Rings because he said he didn’t understand the script.
- The 9 Elements of Digital Citizenship