General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Please click here to read about Fort Madison Community School District’s approach to delaying or closing school.
- Student government will be selling candy canes during lunch this week. Candy canes are $0.50 and can be purchased at the student government table in the MPR. Purchase one for yourself and send a few to your friends.
- The library/media center will have its first drawing in the Iowa Teen Book Awards reading challenge on Thursday. Be sure to get your name in the drawing.
- The FFA is collecting donations for Chase Harkey and alumnus Jordan Heston to assist their families with medical bills. FFA will also be collecting donations for the family of alumnus Chandler Berry to assist in establishing a memorial fund. You may donate before school or during lunch in the MPR or see Ms. Slee in room 600.
- The student government will be sponsoring an “ugly sweater” day on Thursday.
- The FFA holiday meeting will be tomorrow at 7:00 PM. Please contact Ms. Slee for more information.
- Happy birthdays to Jaime Folks and Michael Lindsey from Saturday.
- Happy birthday to Harrison Snaadt and Ms. Chris Schelich.
- Chicken nuggets or Salisbury steak;
- Mashed potatoes and/or corn;
- Strawberries and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Impeach – verb [ihm-peech]
- To accuse of a crime or misconduct in public office. As in:
- Only the US House of Representatives can impeach a president.
This Day in History: 1998 – President Bill Clinton is impeached, the House of Representatives charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice.
Fact of the Day: Only two presidents in the history of the United States have been impeached: President Bill Clinton and President Andrew Johnson. President Richard Nixon resigned under threat of impeachment.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The actors who played R2-D2 and C-3PO in the Star Wars series disliked each other so much that they refused to speak to one another on set.