General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The GSA Club is selling Popcorn Palace popcorn now through Sunday, December 18th. If you would like to place an order please contact any member of the GSA Club or see Ms. Holterhaus in room 202.
- Yearbooks are now on sale for $45 in the MPR during lunch. Yearbooks will be on sale through tomorrow.
- The student government will be sponsoring an “ugly sweater” day on Thursday, December 22nd.
- A very special birthday to Kamdon Eid, whose birthday was not mentioned in the birthday wishes yesterday. Our apologies and happy belated birthday!
- Happy birthdays to Anabelle King, Alexis Powell, Elijah Richardson, and Kaleb Stuekerjuergen.
- Hamburger or hot dog;
- Corn and/or potato salad;
- Pineapples and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Illicit – adjective [ill-ih-sit]
- Prohibited or illegal. As in:
- Marijuana is still an illicit drug in Iowa.
This Day in History: 1909 – Workers are the Indianapolis Speedway place the last of the 3.2 million bricks that pave the five-mile motorway, making it ready for competition.
Fact of the Day: Since 1909, most of the bricks at the Indianapolis Speedway have been paved over by asphalt. One yard remains exposed at the start/finish line. Kissing those bricks after winning a race there has become a tradition.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? “The world may never know”. A licking machine developed at Purdue University averages it at 364, though.