General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Yearbooks will be on sale for $45 in the MPR during lunch beginning Monday. Yearbooks will be on sale through Thursday.
- In an effort to raise money for the veterans of our community, student government will be fundraising to present them with a check at the veteran’s assembly on December 22nd. The following opportunities will be available on Wednesday:
- 50/50 raffle during lunch with half of the proceeds going to the veterans and half to the winner.
- $1 hat day – students may pay a dollar to wear a hat. Money will be required beforehand and the student’s hand stamped for this to occur.
- $5 teacher jean day – teachers may pay five dollars to wear jeans (with a FMHS polo).
- The student government will be sponsoring an “ugly sweater” day on Thursday, December 22nd.
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office by Wednesday.
- Happy birthdays to Tanner Fedler, Adam Wilson, and Ms. Glenda Jackson from Saturday.
- Happy birthdays to Trinity Dahlstrand, Carlos Delgadillo, Alyssa Hemann, and Lydia Mabeus from Sunday.
- Popcorn chicken or hot ham & cheese;
- Au Gratin potatoes and/or glazed carrots;
- Peaches and/or fruited jellos.
Word of the Day: Induct – verb [in-duct]
- To admit as a member in. As in:
- The club will induct four new members this year.
This Day in History: 1965 – NFL Rookie Gale Sayers of the Chicago Bears scores six touchdowns during a single game against the San Francisco 49ers, tying the NFL record for most touchdowns in a single game.
Fact of the Day: Gale Sayers only played six years in the NFL. At 34, Sayers is the youngest player ever inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The medical term for an ice cream headache is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia.