General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- In an effort to raise money for the veterans of our community, student government will be fundraising to present them with a check at the veteran’s assembly on December 22nd. The following opportunities will be available on December 14th:
- 50/50 raffle during lunch with half of the proceeds going to the veterans and half to the winner.
- $1 hat day – students may pay a dollar to wear a hat. Money will be required beforehand and the student’s hand stamped for this to occur.
- $5 teacher jean day – teachers may pay five dollars to wear jeans (with a FMHS polo).
- The student government will be sponsoring an “ugly sweater” day on Thursday, December 22nd.
- The Library/Media Center is launching a reading promotion this week. They are reading the “Iowa High School Book Award” booklist. This list features the best books of the year. For each book you read, you get a chance to win. Prizes include books, headphones, a virtual reality headset and more. Check out the basket of prizes in the library.
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office.
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due tomorrow. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Happy birthday to Gage Hind.
- Chicken patty or ravioli;
- Broccoli & cheese and/or baby carrots;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce.
- Chocolate cake.
Word of the Day: Obsession – noun [ob-sesh-un]
- An unreasonable preoccupation with something. As in:
- She has an obsession with cleanliness.
This Day in History: 1980 – John Lennon, a former member of the Beatles, is shot and killed by an obsessed fan in New York City outside of his apartment building.
Fact of the Day: John Lennon is memorialized in “Strawberry Fields”, a section of New York’s Central Park across the street from his apartment complex. The park was landscaped by Yoko Ono, Lennon’s wife.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The 50-star American flag was designed in 1958 by an Ohio high school student for a class project. His teacher gave him a B-.