General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Satellite voting for the school bond referendum will occur at FMHS from 12:00 to 3:30 PM in the FMHS MPR today. You can register to vote at the polling location by providing a photo ID with your current address. If your ID doesn’t have a current address you may bring a document that proves your residency, such as a paycheck, bill, etc. Please fulfill your civic privilege and vote.
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office.
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Happy birthday to Kamryn Bailey from Saturday.
- Happy birthdays to Chloe Hoenig and Korinna Kettle from Sunday.
- Pork fritter or ham and cheese sub;
- Au gratin potatoes and/or glazed carrots;
- Peaches and/or fruited jello.
Word of the Day: Perish – verb [PEAR-ish]
- To cease to exist. As in:
- We all perish with age.
This Day in History: 1945 – Flight 19, a squadron of Navy torpedo bombers, is mysteriously lost to the Bermuda Triangle. A rescue aircraft that began its search for Flight 19 during the evening hours was never heard from again, either. In total, 27 men perished. No trace of their bodies or aircraft have ever been found.
Fact of the Day: The first person to write about the Bermuda Triangle was Christopher Columbus, who wrote in his journal that his ship’s compass stopped working and that he also saw a fireball in the sky.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? For every human on Earth, there are 1.6 million ants.