General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office.
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Good luck to the varsity wresting tonight and tomorrow as they compete in the Independence Invite.
- Best of luck to the JV wrestlers as they travel to Wapello this evening.
- Good luck to the JV and varsity girls basketball teams and the varsity boys basketball team as they invade Keokuk tonight. Game time is 4:45 PM at KHS.
- Best of luck to the freshmen boys basketball team as they host the Hawks of Central Lee tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM.
- Good luck to the varsity boys and girls basketball teams as they travel a mile or so to HTC to take on the Crusaders. Game time is 5:00 PM.
- Congratulations and safe travels to the band as they fly to Hawaii to take part in the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
- Happy birthdays to Samantha Dunbar, McKenna Fehseke, Tessa Novak and Ms. Maryann Matava.
- Sloppy Joe or chili cheese fries;
- Corn and/or celery;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Exile – noun [Eg-zile]
- Forced absence from one’s home . As in:
- Many people throughout time have chosen to be exiles rather than force persecution.
This Day in History: 1804 – Napoleon Bonaparte is crowned emperor at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, France. Napoleon saved France from collapse and went on to establish a far-stretching French Empire before experiencing defeat and exile in 1815.
Fact of the Day: Louis Braille, who developed the Braille system for the visually impaired, was inspired by a form of writing used by Napoleon to communicate with his soldiers in the field. Napoleon’s “night writing” system and Braille are very similar forms of writing.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The below picture is what Jupiter would like like from Earth if it were as close to us as the Moon is:
Educational Technology: Love Star Wars? Check out the website below: