General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office.
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Best of luck to the freshmen and JV boys basketball teams as they play host to the Chiefs of Keokuk tonight at the Hound Dome. Game time is 6:00 PM.
- Good luck to the Bloodhound wrestlers as they travel to Quincy to take on the Blue Devils in their first action of the season. Grappling starts at 6:00 PM at QHS.
- Happy birthdays to Madison McVey and Bryanna Swyter.
- Mac & cheese or mini corn dogs;
- Peas and/or fresh carrots;
- Mixed fruit and/or cherry crisp;
Word of the Day: Simultaneous – adjective [SI-mul-ta-knee-us]
- At the same time . As in:
- The loss of power and heat was simultaneous.
This Day in History: 1913 – Henry Ford installs the first moving assembly line for the mass production of an entire automobile. The innovation will decrease the amount of time needed to build a car by 80%.
Fact of the Day: Henry Ford got his start in the business world from Thomas Edison, who employed him as an engineer at the Edison Illuminating Company. Ford presented his “horseless carriage” to Edison and received funding from Edison to continue his work.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Alaska is simultaneously the most northern, most western, and most eastern state in the United States.