General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Food Pantry in Fort Madison is trying to collect 300 jars of peanut butter to add to Christmas baskets this year. If you would like to participate, please bring your jar of peanut butter to the front office.
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Chicken & noodles or teriyaki chicken;
- Mashed potatoes and/or green beans;
- Tropical fruit and/or peaches.
Word of the Day: Fathom – noun [Fath-uhm]
- A unit of length equal to six feet . As in:
- Fathom is a term used especially for measuring the depth of water.
This Day in History: 1835 – Samuel Clemens, later known as “Mark Twain”, is born in Florida, Missouri. Clemens worked with his brother in Hannibal, Missouri and for the Keokuk Daily Post as a writer.
Fact of the Day: Clemens picked up the term “Mark Twain” as a steamboat captain. “Mark Twain” is a boatman’s call noting that the river is two fathoms deep, the minimum depth for safe navigation.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? In a terrific bit of irony, we don’t know when the modern-day fire hydrant was invented because the patent was lost in a fire.