General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Good luck to the freshmen and JV boys basketball teams as they host Ottumwa this evening. Those games will be held at the FMMS for those interested in attending. Games start at 4:45 PM.
- Best of luck to the JV and varsity girls and varsity boys basketball squads as they play host to the Bulldogs of Ottumwa at FMHS tonight. Games start at 4:45 PM.
- Happy birthdays to Maudicella Beary, Jayden Fedler, and Ms. Kim Ferguson.
- BBQ rib sandwich or hot dog;
- Tater tots and/or pasta salad;
- Pears and/or applesauce;
Word of the Day: Partition – noun [PAR-ti-shun]
- The act of parting or dividing . As in:
- The partition of Palestine in 1947 resulted in the state of Israel.
This Day in History: 1947 – The United Nations votes to create an independent Jewish state by partitioning the state of Palestine.
Fact of the Day: Israel has defended the land granted to it no fewer than 15 times since 1948. Throughout this time, they have nearly doubled the size of their state.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? One-fourth of the world’s population lives on less than $200 per year. 90 million people worldwide survive on less than $75 a year.