General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Senior photos for the Yearbook are due by Friday, December 9th, 2016. If you want your photo in the yearbook this year, the photo must be submitted by that date.
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Winter athletics begin in earnest this week. Support your Bloodhounds!
- Happy birthdays to Laina Armitage, Alexander Barnes, Kaycee McGregor, Claire Mendez, Mariah Trimble, Mercedes Trimble, and Ms. Christine Boyles from last Wednesday.
- Happy birthdays to Leilani Jaciunde and Connor Knepp from last Friday.
- Happy birthday to Mr. Andrew Troxel from Saturday.
- Happy birthdays to Malicya Bender and Rachel Joachim.
- Corn and/or winter vegetable blend;
- Mandarin oranges and/or pineapple.
Word of the Day: Protocol – noun [PROH-tuh-kawl]
- Adherence to a correct etiquette and precedence . As in:
- Sailors on a ship must follow a strict protocol.
This Day in History: 1520 – After sailing through the dangerous straits below South America that now bear his name, Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan enters the Pacific Ocean, becoming the first European explorer to reach the Pacific from the Atlantic.
Fact of the Day: Magellan miscalculated the amount of food he would need to voyage to the Pacific. Because of this, his sailors ate rats and sawdust to survive.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Camels don’t store water in their humps as many people think they do. The humps are actually full of fatty tissue that allow camels to go a month without eating.