General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- The community Thanksgiving dinner will be held at FMHS on Thursday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. If you and your family would like to attend or you know of families that would like to attend, please spread the word.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Chamber of Commerce is looking for student volunteers to assist from 5:45-6:30 PM, prior to the lighted parade this Friday, November 25th, 2016. If interested, please contact Laura Francisco at (319) 372-5471.
- Happy birthdays to Carey Wellington, Ms. Bonnie Slee, Ms. Heather Harter, and Ms. Kay Petersen.
- Chili or hot ham & cheese;
- Celery sticks and/or corn;
- Mixed fruit and/or peaches;
Word of the Day: Conjecture – noun [ken-JEK-sure]
- An opinion lacking solid proof or evidence. As in:
- The food served at the first Thanksgiving is open to conjecture.
This Day in History: 1963 – John. F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States, is assassinated while traveling through Dallas, Texas, in an open-top convertible. He is the fourth and last president to be assassinated while in office, joining Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, and William McKinley.
Fact of the Day: Four presidential assassination attempts have been successful. An additional 26 recorded attempts have been unsuccessful, including earlier attempts on the lives of Lincoln and Kennedy.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? President Andrew Jackson had a parrot that he taught to curse. The parrot was included in his funeral and had to be removed because it would not stop cursing during the ceremony.