General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Happy birthdays to Ellie Baxter, Makayla Eastin, Dillinger Orr, and Mr. Andrew Troxel from Saturday.
- Happy birthday to Ms. Laurie Hayler from Sunday.
- Happy birthdays to Orion Boyd and Thomas Davis.
- Chicken nuggets or salisbury steak;
- Mashed potatoes and/or glazed carrots;
- Applesauce and/or tropical fruit;
- Bread and butter.
Word of the Day: Flippant – adjective [FLIP-unt]
- Lacking respect or seriousness. As in:
- It is not appropriate to be flippant towards your teachers.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1916 – The Britannic, sister ship to the Titanic, sinks in the Mediterranean Sea, killing 30 people. 1,000 more were rescued.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Of the 30 people killed aboard the Britannic in 1916, 28 of them died because they were aboard prematurely launched lifeboats and were sucked into the propellers.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Humans appeared 200,000 years ago. Written records only go back 6,000 years, which means 97% of the history of mankind is only known through solid conjecture.