General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Athletes who have morning practices or meetings are expected to park in their assigned parking space or in free parking. You may not arrive to those practices or meetings and park where you please. Failure to comply with this expectation will result in the loss of parking privileges and/or referral to a towing company.
- Student government will be collecting bottle caps for a local girl scout troop which will be used to construct a new park bench for veterans. There will be collection bins around school and several in the MPR during lunch. Bottle caps will be collected until Thanksgiving break.
- Happy birthdays to Ashlea Briggs and Brittney Harris.
- Turkey & gravy or little smokies;
- Mashed potatoes and/or green beans;
- Cherry crisp and/or peaches;
Word of the Day: Amity – noun [AM-uh-tee]
- Friendship, especially between nations. As in:
- President-elect Trump hopes to improve his level of amity with other world leaders.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1869 – The Suez Canal, connecting the Mediterranean and the Red seas, is opened. The canal would allow for much quicker travel as seafarers were no longer required to navigate around the continent of Africa.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Statue of Liberty was originally planned as a lighthouse to guide ships and vessels into the Suez Canal. Because the project never materialized, the sculptor instead gifted it to the USA.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham (the father of utilitarianism) is present at all important meetings at the University of London.