General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Congratulations to Mrs. Hall’s homeroom for winning the Trick or Treat for UNICEF contest. Key Club thanks you for your generosity!
- Student government will be collecting bottle caps for a local girl scout troop which will be used to construct a new park bench for veterans. There will be collection bins around school and several in the MPR during lunch. Bottle caps will be collected until Thanksgiving break.
- Happy birthday to Quinlan Lozano.
- Hamburger or bratwurst;
- Broccoli salad and/or corn;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Quid pro quo – noun [kwid-proh-KWOH]
- Something given or received for something else. As in:
- Good grades and attendance is quid pro quo for having open campus privileges.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1907 – Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory collectively enter the United States as Oklahoma, the 46th state in the union.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Oklahoma City is one of only two state capitals whose name includes the name of the state. Indianapolis is the other.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back. So, when you tell someone you love them to the moon and back, you’re saying you will love them with all the blood your heart pumps in your whole life…which is equally meaningful!