General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Juniors who are anticipated to be eligible for open campus privileges for lunch beginning next Friday, November 18th received an email on Tuesday afternoon outlining how to earn those privileges. There is a process and all criteria must be met before you may use those open campus privileges. Please be sure to follow those procedures.
- The boys basketball team is looking for managers to help with various tasks during the basketball season. A minimum of three managers are needed. Practice begins on Monday, November 14th. If you are interested in being a basketball manager please stop by the activities office and speak to Ms. Wiseman.
- Student government will be collecting bottle caps for a local girl scout troop which will be used to construct a new park bench for veterans. There will be collection bins around school and several in the MPR during lunch. Bottle caps will be collected until Thanksgiving break.
- A very special happy birthday to CJ Lozano, whose name was accidentally omitted from the list of birthdays yesterday.
- Happy birthday to Ashley Feuerhammer.
- Soft or hard taco;
- Corn and/or Spanish rice;
- Mandarin oranges and/or baked apples.
Word of the Day: Elicit – verb [ih-LISS-it]
- To draw forth or bring out. As in:
- Hopefully your trimester 1 grades elicit happiness from your parents.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1918 – At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, World War I ends with an armistice agreement in a railroad car outside of Compiegne, France.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): WWI was known as “the war to end all wars” because of the great slaughter and destruction it caused. 9 million soldiers died, 21 million more were wounded, and an additional 5 million civilians died during the war.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.