General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Girl Scout Troop 9282 will be collecting books for Christmas for Kids. Please take any new or gently-used books you would like to donate to the guidance office through the end of November.
- Juniors who are anticipated to be eligible for open campus privileges for lunch beginning next Friday, November 18th received an email on Tuesday afternoon outlining how to earn those privileges. There is a process and all criteria must be met before you may use those open campus privileges. Please be sure to follow those procedures.
- DECA will be hosting dress up days for DECA week, which runs from November 7-11, 2016. The dress up days are as follows:
- Friday – DCA “Wear Blue” Day.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will be meeting on Thursdays every week at 7:30 AM in room 301 for those interested.
- The boys basketball team is looking for managers to help with various tasks during the basketball season. A minimum of three managers are needed. Practice begins on Monday, November 14th. If you are interested in being a basketball manager please stop by the activities office and speak to Ms. Wiseman.
- Student government will be collecting bottle caps for a local girl scout troop which will be used to construct a new park bench for veterans. There will be collection bins around school and several in the MPR during lunch. Bottle caps will be collected until Thanksgiving break.
- Happy birthdays to Image Bell, Naomi Kirchner, and Sydney Weiler.
- Chicken pattie or loaded baked potato;
- Broccoli and cheese and/or fresh carrots;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce;
- Muffin square.
Word of the Day: Kerfuffle – noun [ker-FUFF-ul]
- A disturbance or fuss. As in:
- I didn’t mean to start such a kerfuffle when I suggested the United States would be fine after the national elections.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1969 – Sesame Street, a pioneering TV show that would teach generations of young children the alphabet and how to count, makes its broadcast debut.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Elmo, a Sesame Street character, testified before Congress in April of 2002, urging support for increased funding in music education.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? If a set of identical twin women married a set of identical twin men and subsequently had kids, their children would genetically be siblings.