General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Juniors who are anticipated to be eligible for open campus privileges for lunch beginning next Friday, November 18th received an email yesterday afternoon outlining how to earn those privileges. There is a process and all criteria must be met before you may use those open campus privileges. Please be sure to follow those procedures.
- DECA will be hosting dress up days for DECA week, which runs from November 7-11, 2016. The dress up days are as follows:
- Thursday – Business Casual Day;
- Friday – DCA “Wear Blue” Day.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will be meeting on Thursdays every week at 7:30 AM in room 301 for those interested.
- The boys basketball team is looking for managers to help with various tasks during the basketball season. A minimum of three managers are needed. Practice begins on Monday, November 14th. If you are interested in being a basketball manager please stop by the activities office and speak to Ms. Wiseman.
- Student government will be collecting bottle caps for a local girl scout troop which will be used to construct a new park bench for veterans. There will be collection bins around school and several in the MPR during lunch. Bottle caps will be collected until Thanksgiving break.
- The FMHS Choir Department is hosting a karaoke night on Friday. Soloists and groups are encouraged to sign up. The cost for registration is $5 for a soloist and $10 for a group. Students can register in the MPR during lunch or in the choir room until Wednesday, November 9th. Please contact Mr. Landon at email@example.com with questions.
- Happy birthdays to Kayla Hills and Olivia Koechle.
- Spaghetti or tater tot casserole;
- Mixed veggies and/or cucumber salad;
- Mixed fruit and/or apricots;
- Garlic bread stick.
Word of the Day: Mollify – verb [MAH-lu-fye]
- To reduce in intensity. As in:
- The national elections held yesterday should help to mollify the political campaigns of major candidates.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1989 – East German officials opened the Berlin Wall, allowing travel from East to West Berlin for the first time in 28 years.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): More than 5,000 people escaped East Berlin by going over or under the Berlin Wall. 138 people are reported to have been shot, suffered fatal accidents, or committed suicide after failed attempts to escape East Berlin.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? A strawberry isn’t actually a berry. A banana is, though.