General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Finals will be administered on Wednesday, November 16th and Thursday, November 17th. Please be sure to refer to the finals schedule on the second page of the Bell Schedule to determine when and where you should be for those finals.
- DECA will be hosting dress up days for DECA week, which runs from November 7-11, 2016. The dress up days are as follows:
- Monday – Sponsorship Day (wear clothing that sponsors local stores and businesses);
- Tuesday – College Day;
- Wednesday – DECA “Wear Pink” Day;
- Thursday – Business Casual Day;
- Friday – DCA “Wear Blue” Day.
- The end of the season volleyball banquet will be this Wednesday at 7:00 PM at the Elliot Test Kitchen in downtown Fort Madison. Please bring a snack to share. Drinks will be provided. If you still have your uniform you should bring it to turn in, as well. If you have questions please see Coach Bailey or contact Coach Stull.
- The end of the season football banquet will be on Sunday, November 6th at 6:00 PM in the FMHS MPR. For details regarding the banquet, please see the FB Banquet Letter.
- For any male wanting to participate in high school boy’s basketball this winter, there will be a meeting with Coach Wilson on Friday at 3:30 PM in the boy’s varsity locker room.
- For any female wanting to participate in high school girl’s basketball this winter, there will be a meeting on Thursday immediately after school in room 313. Practice schedules and expectations will be discussed. Practice will begin on Monday, November 7th in the gym at 3:30 PM. Physicals need to be turned in and on file with the activities department before you may practice. If you did not participate in a fall sport, you must also complete concussion testing with trainer Trevor Pezley in the trainer’s room. Please see Coach Bailey if you have any questions.
- Iowa Central College will have a representative here during lunch today. If you would like to learn more about the Tritons please stop by their table at lunch.
- Sloppy Joe or mini corn dogs;
- Potato salad and/or green beans;
- Pineapple and/or applesauce.
Word of the Day: Myriad – noun [MEER-ee-ud]
- A great number:
- City dumps have a myriad of rotting pumpkins after the Halloween holiday.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1947 – The Hughes Flying Boat (nicknamed the “Spruce Goose”) – the largest aircraft ever built – is piloted by designer Howard Hughes on its first and only flight.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Spruce Goose, nicknamed because it was made entirely of wood, had a wingspan longer than a football field and was designed to carry more than 700 men into battle. Its military designation was the H-4 Hercules.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Right now, this very second, 70% of people driving on US highways are speeding.
Educational Technology: An internet minute in 2016: