General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Costumes may be worn on Monday, October 31st. The dress code will apply during the school day and costumes must be appropriate in content. The exception to that rule will be during lunch. Students may wear appropriate costumes, masks, and hats during lunch only and a costume contest will be held to determine the winners of the contests. Judges of the contests will be Mr. Lamb, Mr. Mitchell, Ms. Kohl, and Sebastian Seifert. Winners of the costume contests will get a pizza lunch with the judges on Tuesday, November 1st.
- The Robotics team will be selling Halloween Howlers at lunch. For 50 cents you can send your friend a little candy and a Halloween joke. Howlers will be sent through Monday.
- Key Club is sponsoring a Trick or Treat for UNICEF. Each TST has a Trick-or-Treat box. Bring in your spare change! The money goes to helping wipe out Neonatal Tetanus. A newborn dies every 11 minutes from tetanus. Nearly 100 million women in more than 20 countries need our help. Just $1.80 can protect a woman and her future newborns from this painful disease. Look for the orange Trick-or-Treat of UNICEF box in your TST. The TST with the most money will win a bag of Halloween candy. The contest will run through November 1st.
- Thank you to the 200 students who have already voted in the Iowa Youth Straw Poll. It’s not too late to have your voice heard. The online ballot will be open until Friday at 3:30 PM. Currently there are only 14 votes separating the top two choices for president and there is a tie for senator of the state of Iowa. Yes, every vote does count!
- Iowa Central College will have a representative here during on Wednesday, November 2nd. If you would like to learn more about the Tritons please stop by their table at lunch.
- Culver Stockton will have a representative here during lunch on Monday, October 31st. If you would like to learn more about the wildcats please stop by their table at lunch.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Old Settlers organization is looking for volunteers to help pass out drinks, hot dogs and candy on Monday, October 31st during Trick or Treating. Please come see Mrs. Harter in the guidance office if you are interested in helping with this event.
- Good luck to Sierra Howardson and Brett Schneider as they travel to Fort Dodge tomorrow to run in the state cross country meet.
- Key Club will be holding a Halloween Carnival tomorrow from 1:00-3:00 PM in the FMHS MPR for anyone ages 0-15. A costume contest will be held at 2:30.
- Happy birthdays to Danielle Reed, Kaleb Slater and Mr. Mark Miller.
- Omelet w/ sausage or little smokies;
- Diced potatoes and/or pasta salad;
- Applesauce and/or fruit crisp.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1886 – The Statue of Liberty, a gift of friendship from the people of France, is dedicated in New York Harbor by President Grover Cleveland.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Although difficult to see from the ground, Lady Liberty is standing among a broken shackle and chains, with her right foot raised, depicting her moving forward from oppression and tyranny.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know? Lady Liberty has a size 420-inch waistline.
Educational Technology: Social networking: