General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you are a college-bound student and interested in attending tutoring sessions at the Elliott Test Kitchen, those sessions occur every Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM. You must register to take part in the sessions. Please visit their website at tkef.org if you are interested or email Mr. Troxel at email@example.com
- Juniors – if you are interested in helping with prom you are invited to attend a planning meeting next Tuesday, October 25th at 6:00 PM in the MPR
- Now is the time to look at your Trimester 2 schedule. If you anticipate you’ll need a schedule change or wish to speak to your guidance counselor about your schedule please see Ms. Harter in the guidance office to make an appointment. All schedule changes must be completed by November 15th.
- The national elections are on November 8th. The election process is critical for students of the high school age because it will determine the next four years for the United States, a time in which you will graduate from high school. FMHS has been selected to participate in the Iowa Youth Straw Poll. Mr. Ehlers has created an online ballot that will be used to submit for the youth straw poll. The process should take just a few minutes to complete. Balloting will close on Friday, October 28th. Thank you in advance for becoming an informed citizen and participatory member of our society.
- Upper Iowa University will have a representative here during lunch on Thursday, October 27th. If you would like to learn more about the Peacocks please stop by their table at lunch.
- The University of Northern Iowa will have a representative here during lunch on Tuesday, October 25th. If you would like to learn more about UNI please stop by their table at lunch.
- Indian Hills Community College will be holding a showcase of their programs and activities on Thursday, October 27th at IHCC. If you are a senior and interested in attending IHCC and would like to attend their showcase you will need to fill out a Student Request for Absence and use one of your college visit days to attend. If you are interested in seeing what majors will be highlighted, please stop by the guidance office.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Old Settlers organization is looking for volunteers to help pass out drinks, hot dogs and candy on Monday, October 31st during Trick or Treating. Please come see Mrs. Harter in the guidance office if you are interested in helping with this event.
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday, October 28th from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good luck to the football team as they conclude their season at Washington tonight.
- Best of luck to the Bloodhound choral and band members who will be auditioning for the All-State Music Festival tomorrow.
- Happy birthdays to Anna Kester and Addyson Shackleford.
- Sloppy Joe or chicken parmesan sandwich;
- Mixed vegetables and/or macaroni salad;
- Mandarin oranges and/or fruited jello.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1975 – In an iconic baseball moment, Boston Red Sox catcher Carlton Fisk homers off of the left-field foul pole at Fenway Park to beat the Cincinnati Reds in game six of the World Series.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Green Monster at Fenway Park, the 37 foot wall in left field, was originally blue and stayed that way from 1912 to 1947, when the wall was painted green.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know (DYK)? In Oklahoma, you can be subject to fines and/or imprisonment for making “ugly faces” at dogs.
Educational Technology: How about you? Do you agree?