General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Now is the time to look at your Trimester 2 schedule. If you anticipate you’ll need a schedule change or wish to speak to your guidance counselor about your schedule please see Ms. Harter in the guidance office to make an appointment. All schedule changes must be completed by November 15th.
- The national elections are on November 8th. The election process is critical for students of the high school age because it will determine the next four years for the United States, a time in which you will graduate from high school. FMHS has been selected to participate in the Iowa Youth Straw Poll. Mr. Ehlers has created an online ballot that will be used to submit for the youth straw poll. The process should take just a few minutes to complete. Balloting will close on Friday, October 28th. Thank you in advance for becoming an informed citizen and participatory member of our society.
- Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) will have a representative here on Friday to give a presentation about the court reporting program being offered as part of their curriculum. This presentation will take place during 5th period in room 205. Graduates of FMHS will also be speaking during this time. If you are interested in learning about this program please see Ms. Clark in guidance or Ms. Weisinger in room 205.
- The University of Northern Iowa will have a representative here during lunch on Tuesday, October 25th. If you would like to learn more about UNI please stop by their table at lunch.
- Indian Hills Community College will be holding a showcase of their programs and activities on Thursday, October 27th at IHCC. If you are a senior and interested in attending IHCC and would like to attend their showcase you will need to fill out a Student Request for Absence and use one of your college visit days to attend. If you are interested in seeing what majors will be highlighted, please stop by the guidance office.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The Old Settlers organization is looking for volunteers to help pass out drinks, hot dogs and candy on Monday, October 31st during Trick or Treating. Please come see Mrs. Harter in the guidance office if you are interested in helping with this event.
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday, October 28th from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good luck to the volleyball team as they host Keokuk in the regional round at the Hound Dome this evening. Come support your Bloodhound volleyball team. Game time is 7:00 PM. Because the game is a regional game, passes will not be accepted at the gate. The price of admission is $6.00.
- Chicken patty or reuben;
- Potato wedges and/or broccoli;
- Peaches and/or pears.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): There are 56 signatories of the Declaration of Independence. Each of the 56 were delegates of the 13 colonies and served in the Continental Congress. John Hancock was the President of the Congress at the time and was the first to sign the document.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know (DYK)? The sentence “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the alphabet.
Educational Technology: Blogging: