General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The University of Iowa will be holding a Learn to Row clinic on Sunday from noon to 3:00 PM at the P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse on the U of Iowa campus. This is a great chance for the girls of Iowa to learn about the sport of rowing. If interested, please click on the link above or see Mr. Mitchell.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- CaPri College will have a representative here during lunch on Wednesday, October 19th. If you would like to learn more about CaPri College please stop by their table at lunch.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday, October 28th from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at email@example.com
- Good luck to the football team as they host Keokuk this evening for senior night. Come out and support the FMHS fall activities seniors.
- Best of luck to the marching band as they compete at the Quincy High School Marching Band Contest and the IHSMA State Marching Band Contest in Davenport tomorrow.
- Good luck to the JV volleyball team tomorrow as they compete in the HTC Invite.
- Pizza dippers or BBQ chicken sandwich;
- Carrots and/or corn;
- Tropical fruit and/or pears.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1947 – US Air Force Captain Chuck Yeager becomes the first person to fly faster than the speed of sound by exceeding 662 mph in the X-1 rocket plane.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The record for the fastest speed any human has ever traveled relative to the Earth was set by Apollo 10, which reached 24,790 mph.
Quote of the Day:
Did You Know (DYK)? Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
Digital Citizenship of The Day: