General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The University of Iowa will be holding a Learn to Row clinic on Sunday, October 16th from noon to 3:00 PM at the P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse on the U of Iowa campus. This is a great chance for the girls of Iowa to learn about the sport of rowing. If interested, please click on the link above or see Mr. Mitchell.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- CaPri College will have a representative here during lunch on Wednesday, October 19th. If you would like to learn more about CaPri College please stop by their table at lunch.
Volunteer Hours Available:
- The FMMS Carnival Committee is looking for interested individuals to help them with their carnival on Friday, October 28th from 4:00 to 9:00 pm at FMMS. If interested, please contact Carol Ross at email@example.com
- Good luck to the cross country teams as they travel to the Conference meet this afternoon in Fairfield.
- Best of luck to the varsity volleyball team as they trek north to compete in the Mediapolis Invite.
- Happy birthdays to Nicholas Carter and Kelsey Vandenberg.
- Hot dog;
- Sweet potato fries;
- Chili beans;
- Mixed fruit;
- Muffin square.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1792 – The cornerstone is laid for a presidential residence in the newly designated capital city of Washington. The home will become what is now the White House.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): British soldiers set the White House on fire in 1814, during the War of 1812.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Did You Know (DYK)? The Lincoln Room in the White House is allegedly haunted by President Lincoln himself. After one particular stay, Winston Churchill refused to ever again stay in the room.
Digital Citizenship of The Day: