General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The University of Iowa will be holding a Learn to Row clinic on Sunday, October 16th from noon to 3:00 PM at the P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse on the U of Iowa campus. This is a great chance for the girls of Iowa to learn about the sport of rowing. If interested, please click on the link above or see Mr. Mitchell.
- The GSA will have a meeting this afternoon immediately after school in room 202.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- The YMCA is looking to hire lifeguards and will be hosting a lifeguard certification class for anyone interested in becoming certified. If interested, please contact Justina Spears at (319) 372-2403.
- Drake University will have a representative here during lunch tomorrow. If you would like to learn more about Drake University please stop by their table.
- Good luck to the freshmen and JV volleyball teams as they host HTC tonight in the Hound Dome.
- Best of luck to the JV football team as the Trojans of Fairfield come to Fort Madison for a showdown on the gridiron.
- Happy birthdays from Sunday to Karlie Charbonneau and Carlee Keenan.
- Happy birthday to Arieanna Bohnenkamp.
- Chicken nuggets;
- Au Graten potatoes w/ham;
- California blend vegetables or salad;
- Pears or mixed fruit;
- Dinner roll.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1886 – the tuxedo dinner jacket made its debut at a ball in Tuxedo Park, New York.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Until the early 1960’s it was considered a fashion taboo to wear a black tuxedo before dinner time.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Did You Know (DYK)? Dueling is legal in Paraguay so long as both parties are registered blood donors.
Digital Citizenship of The Day: