General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The University of Iowa will be holding a Learn to Row clinic on October 16th from noon to 3:00 PM at the P. Sue Beckwith Boathouse on the U of Iowa campus. This is a great chance for the girls of Iowa to learn about the sport of rowing. If interested, please click on the link above or see Mr. Mitchell.
- The GSA will have a meeting on Monday, October 10 immediately after school in room 202.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- All high school students are invited to join us at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 6:30. You will have the opportunity to get help with your school work, increase your academic skills, engage in competitive games, learn to cook delicious food, and enjoy a meal with your friends. You can sign up for any evening you would like to attend by going to the Test Kitchen website at www.tkef.org. Go to Programs — Elliott Test Kitchen — participant scheduling — calendar. The password is etk. You also can phone the Test Kitchen at 319-520-9052. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- The next ACT Prep session will be held at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G in Fort Madison starting October 18. Registration will be held that day from 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Classes led by Mr. Troxel will be held each Tuesday after that from 6:00 – 8:00 pm, leading up to the test on December 10. Dinner is served at 6:00, with class to follow. There is a $75 fee to attend the class which should be paid at registration. To sign up early or if you have questions, please call either the Test Kitchen at 319-250-9052 or Linda Litterer at 319-470-0171. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- The YMCA is looking to hire lifeguards and will be hosting a lifeguard certification class for anyone interested in becoming certified. If interested, please contact Justina Spears at (319) 372-2403.
- Drake University will have a representative here during A lunch next Tuesday, October 11th. If you would like to learn more about Drake University please stop by their table.
- Hamburger or bratwurst;
- Green beans or mixed veggies;
- Fruited jello or tropical fruit.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1866 – the first robbery of a moving train in the United States takes place in Jackson County, Indiana.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): In July of 1873, Jesse James robbed a train near Adair, Iowa. The shock of the robbery helped to establish Jesse James’ reputation as a folk hero and celebrity criminal.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Did You Know (DYK)? In England, the Speaker of the House isn’t actually allowed to speak.
Digital Citizenship of The Day: