General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention Seniors – Mack Turner, Outreach Advisor from the Educational Opportunity Center, will be here to help you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on Wednesday, October 5th, from 3:30 PM to 7:30 PM
at the Fort Madison High School library. If you are considering any type of post-secondary education or training, it is important to submit this application to see if you qualify for any grants, student loans, or work study.You will no longer be able to sign the FAFSA using your 4 digit PIN. Both the parent and the student will create a Federal Student Aid ID. This ID, consisting of a username and password, can be created a the following website: https://fsaid.ed.gov. If you are planning on attending the FAFSA workshop, you can create the FSA ID at the workshop or you can create a FSA ID before coming to the workshop. Please bring the username and password with you. You will also need to bring a copy of your parents and your 2015 federal and state income tax return and W2s. If you are not able to attend the workshop, and have questions regarding the FAFSA, please call Mack Turner at 319-208-5026 or email:email@example.com. The guidance office is also available to help with FAFSA questions.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- The library will be having the Scholastic Book Fair this week. It will run all week and we will be open for business during PT Conferences as well. Stop in and check out the selection. They will be raffling off a gift basket again this year. With every purchase, your name goes in the bucket for a chance to win. This is the library’s only fundraiser and they get 50% of the profits in books for the library. Last year, they got $800 to spend on books! Thanks for your support. Let’s surpass last year’s goal!
- All high school students are invited to join us at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 6:30. You will have the opportunity to get help with your school work, increase your academic skills, engage in competitive games, learn to cook delicious food, and enjoy a meal with your friends. You can sign up for any evening you would like to attend by going to the Test Kitchen website at www.tkef.org. Go to Programs — Elliott Test Kitchen — participant scheduling — calendar. The password is etk. You also can phone the Test Kitchen at 319-520-9052. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are Wednesday from 3:30 to 7:00 PM. Please encourage your parents to attend so we can get those grades up.
- Happy birthdays to Caleb Ford and Dalton Gregory from Saturday.
- Happy birthday to Connor Heidbreder from Sunday.
- Happy birthdays to Kiersten Bushinger and Diego Lozano.
- Amish salad or carrot sticks;
- Applesauce or peaches.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1863 – President Lincoln declared that the fourth Thursday in November would be celebrated as Thanksgiving Day.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): When the pilgrims arrived to what would become the United States of America the Wampanoag Native Americans taught them how to farm the land. These Native Americans were invited to the first Thanksgiving in 1621, a feast that would last three days.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: Do you?