General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Homecoming dress-up days are as follows:
- Friday – spirit day
- Sophomores – your class is setting up for the Homecoming Dance after school today. Please meet in the MPR at 3:30 PM.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- The library will be having the Scholastic Book Fair next week. It will run all week and we will be open for business during PT Conferences as well. Stop in and check out the selection. They will be raffling off a gift basket again this year. With every purchase, your name goes in the bucket for a chance to win. This is the library’s only fundraiser and they get 50% of the profits in books for the library. Last year, they got $800 to spend on books! Thanks for your support. Let’s surpass last year’s goal!
- All high school students are invited to join us at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 6:30. You will have the opportunity to get help with your school work, increase your academic skills, engage in competitive games, learn to cook delicious food, and enjoy a meal with your friends. You can sign up for any evening you would like to attend by going to the Test Kitchen website at www.tkef.org. Go to Programs — Elliott Test Kitchen — participant scheduling — calendar. The password is etk. You also can phone the Test Kitchen at 319-520-9052. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Good luck to the football team as the play host to Solon High School this evening at 7:00 PM. Come support the Bloodhounds on the grid iron.
- Best of luck to the JV volleyball team as they travel to Burlington tomorrow for the Burlington Invite.
- Good luck to the cross country teams as they trek to Clinton tomorrow for the Clinton Invite.
- The Homecoming Dance will be tomorrow from 8:00-11:00 PM. Please take notice that once you leave the dance you may not return.
- Happy birthdays to Treavor James-Kokjohn and Madison Mancill.
- Sloppy Joe or sub sandwich;
- French fries or mixed veggies;
- Peaches or mixed fruit.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1954 – the USS Nautilus, the world’s first nuclear submarine, is commissioned.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The first successful submarine attack occurred during the American Civil War when a Confederate sub sunk a Union warship.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: Social media users: