General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you were sent a calendar invite for a makeup MAP test you are expected in the LMC for the test on the date and period you were assigned. Please be sure to have a charged chromebook for the test(s). Monday’s makeup tests have been rescheduled for today.
- Homecoming dress-up days are as follows:
- Thursday – American day
- Friday – spirit day
- Sophomores – your class is setting up for the Homecoming Dance after school tomorrow. Please meet in the MPR at 3:30 PM.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- The library will be having the Scholastic Book Fair next week. It will run all week and we will be open for business during PT Conferences as well. Stop in and check out the selection. They will be raffling off a gift basket again this year. With every purchase, your name goes in the bucket for a chance to win. This is the library’s only fundraiser and they get 50% of the profits in books for the library. Last year, they got $800 to spend on books! Thanks for your support. Let’s surpass last year’s goal!
- All high school students are invited to join us at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 6:30. You will have the opportunity to get help with your school work, increase your academic skills, engage in competitive games, learn to cook delicious food, and enjoy a meal with your friends. You can sign up for any evening you would like to attend by going to the Test Kitchen website at www.tkef.org. Go to Programs — Elliott Test Kitchen — participant scheduling — calendar. The password is etk. You also can phone the Test Kitchen at 319-520-9052. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Join us for all of the homecoming activities this evening:
- 5:30 PM – parade along Avenue G downtown.
- 6:30 PM – coronation at Central Park.
- 7:30 PM – student activities at FMHS.
- Happy birthdays to Connor Brinck, Timothy LeMatty, and Jenica Smutney.
- BBQ rib sandwich or teriyaki chicken;
- Steamed carrots or pasta salad;
- Pears or applesauce;
This Day in History (TDIH): 1988 – Stacy Allison of Portland Oregon becomes the first American woman to reach the summit of Mt. Everest, 29,035 feet above sea level.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): 4,000 people have attempted to summit Mt. Everest. 660 have been successful. 282 people have died making the attempt.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: