General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If you were sent a calendar invite for a makeup MAP test you are expected in the LMC for the test on the date and period you were assigned. Please be sure to have a charged chromebook for the test(s). Monday’s makeup tests have been rescheduled for tomorrow.
- Homecoming dress-up days are as follows:
- Wednesday – cancer awareness day
- Thursday – American day
- Friday – spirit day
- DECA will have a meeting tomorrow at 7:00 AM in room 205. All DECA members are encouraged to attend and find out the great things going on with DECA. Anyone interested in DECA or who have a question should see Ms. Weisinger.
- Sophomores – your class is struggling to find the twenty chaperones that will be necessary for the Homecoming dance to occur. You are encouraged to kindly ask your parents or family members to help your cause and volunteer as a chaperone. If chaperones cannot be found, the homecoming dance may be cancelled.
- Photo retakes have been scheduled for Wednesday, October 19th.
- The library will be having the Scholastic Book Fair next week. It will run all week and we will be open for business during PT Conferences as well. Stop in and check out the selection. They will be raffling off a gift basket again this year. With every purchase, your name goes in the bucket for a chance to win. This is the library’s only fundraiser and they get 50% of the profits in books for the library. Last year, they got $800 to spend on books! Thanks for your support. Let’s surpass last year’s goal!
- All high school students are invited to join us at the Test Kitchen at 807 Avenue G on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30 to 6:30. You will have the opportunity to get help with your school work, increase your academic skills, engage in competitive games, learn to cook delicious food, and enjoy a meal with your friends. You can sign up for any evening you would like to attend by going to the Test Kitchen website at www.tkef.org. Go to Programs — Elliott Test Kitchen — participant scheduling — calendar. The password is etk. You also can phone the Test Kitchen at 319-520-9052. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
College Visit Opportunities:
Kirkwood Community College will have a representative at lunch today. If you would like to learn more about KCC please stop by their table and chat with them.
- Monmouth College will have a representative here today at 1:45 PM in the guidance office. If you’d like to hear more about Monmouth College, stop by guidance to make an appointment.
- Mac and cheese or uncrustable;
- Celery or green beans;
- Strawberries or orange half.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1924 – Two US Army planes landed in Seattle after completing the first aerial circumnavigation of the globe, which took 175 days.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The aerial circumnavigation began with four planes. Two of those planes didn’t complete the trip due to mechanical issues.
Quote of the Day (QOTD): From “The Rhythm of Life” by Matthew Kelly.
Digital Citizenship of The Day: Ask your teachers how you can incorporate these into your classes.