General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- If we have an early dismissal for heat you will be notified immediately via email and an announcement will be made over the intercom. Please refrain from disrupting instructors or the educational process to ask if we will dismiss early. For future reference, you are notified as soon as administration at FMHS is made aware of weather-related delays, dismissals, or cancellations. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
- If you did not receive a FMHS ID last week you will need to see Ms. Wallett in the main office to have your picture taken for a temporary ID. A valid FMHS ID will be required to participate in homecoming events.
- The Fort Madison YMCA is looking to hire additional lifeguards. If interested you would have to be lifeguard and CPR certified. If you are not certified, we can arrange for a life guard certification class to get you certified. Hours vary between evenings and weekends. If interested contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- DECA will have a meeting next Thursday, September 29 at 7:00 AM in room 205. All DECA members are encouraged to attend and find out the great things going on with DECA. Anyone interested in DECA or who have a question should see Ms. Weisinger.
- Anyone interested in playing girls powder puff or boys volleyball for homecoming please contact one of the following: Seniors-Lexi Schmidt, Juniors-Katie Larson, Sophomore-Chloe Blind and Freshman-Jada Sheppard. There will also be a sign up sheet in the guidance office.
- Sophomores – your class is struggling to find the twenty chaperones that will be necessary for the Homecoming dance to occur. You are encouraged to kindly ask your parents or family members to help your cause and volunteer as a chaperone. If chaperones cannot be found, the homecoming dance may be cancelled.
College Visit Opportunities:
Kirkwood Community College will have a representative at lunch on Wednesday, September 28th. If you would like to learn more about KCC please stop by their table and chat with them.
- Monmouth College will have a representative here on Wednesday, September 28th at 1:45 PM in the guidance office. If you’d like to hear more about Monmouth College, stop by guidance to make an appointment.
- The Program Director of the YMCA is looking for a few volunteers to help with youth programs throughout the year. The tasks could vary depending on the sport or activity. If interested, contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- If you are a senior and have a free block in your schedule and are looking to earn volunteer hours by mentoring elementary-aged children, Great River Are Youth Mentoring (formerly Big Brothers, Big Sisters) may be a good fit for you. If you are interested, please see Ms. Harter in guidance to obtain an application.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities
- Good luck to the football team as they travel to Mount Pleasant this evening to take on the Panthers.
- Best of luck to the cross country teams as they travel to the Anamosa Invite tomorrow.
- Happy birthday yesterday to Aaron Edelman and Dalton Mabeus.
- Happy birthday to Mason Dilsaver and Aysia Franck.
- Country blend or glazed carrots;
- Mixed fruit or pineapples.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1942 – The “Manhattan Project” commences. Its aim is to deliver an atomic bomb to end World War II.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Manhattan Project delivered two atomic bombs. “Little Boy” was made of uranium and dropped on Hiroshima. “Fat Man” was made of plutonium and detonated over Nagasaki.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: