General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMHS will conduct a lockdown drill this morning at 11:00 AM. Please follow teacher directives in regards to your expected behavior during this time. The drill will occur at 11:00 AM regardless of potential early dismissal for heat.
- If you did not receive a FMHS ID last week you will need to see Ms. Wallett in the main office to have your picture taken for a temporary ID. A valid FMHS ID will be required to participate in homecoming events.
- Mr. Sissel will be holding auditions today for The Passion of Dracula. If you are interested in auditioning please report to room 302 tomorrow at 3:30.
- The Fort Madison YMCA is looking to hire additional lifeguards. If interested you would have to be lifeguard and CPR certified. If you are not certified, we can arrange for a life guard certification class to get you certified. Hours vary between evenings and weekends. If interested contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- DECA will have a meeting next Thursday, September 29 at 7:00 AM in room 205. All DECA members are encouraged to attend and find out the great things going on with DECA. Anyone interested in DECA or who have a question should see Ms. Weisinger.
- Anyone interested in playing girls powder puff or boys volleyball for homecoming please contact one of the following: Seniors-Lexi Schmidt, Juniors-Katie Larson, Sophomore-Chloe Blind and Freshman-Jada Sheppard. There will also be a sign up sheet in the guidance office.
Freshman – there will be a meeting at Deanna Warner’s house to discuss the freshman homecoming float. Zina Johnstun would also like you to know that if you are not a member of the Facebook page to let her know and she will take care of that.
- Seniors – you may vote for the homecoming court from Tuesday through Thursday this week. The court will be announced at the assembly on Monday, September 26.
- Kirkwood Community College will have a representative at lunch on Wednesday, September 28th. If you would like to learn more about KCC please stop by their table and chat with them.
- The Program Director of the YMCA is looking for a few volunteers to help with youth programs throughout the year. The tasks could vary depending on the sport or activity. If interested, contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- If you are a senior and have a free block in your schedule and are looking to earn volunteer hours by mentoring elementary-aged children, Great River Are Youth Mentoring (formerly Big Brothers, Big Sisters) may be a good fit for you. If you are interested, please see Ms. Harter in guidance to obtain an application.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities
- Good luck to the cross country teams as they compete in the Burlington Invite this afternoon.
- Best of luck to the volleyball teams this evening as they travel south to Keokuk to take on the Chiefs.
- Hamburger or bratwurst;
- Potato cubes or mixed veggies;
- Mandarin oranges or applesauce;
This Day in History (TDIH): 1862 – President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation proposing to free all slaves of Confederate States as of January 1, 1863.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Emancipation Proclamation paved the way for the total abolishment of slavery in the United States. President Lincoln considered it his crowning achievement.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: