General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMHS will operate on a regular Early Dismissal schedule today. That schedule can be accessed here. TST will be in session and open campus policies will be in effect.
- If you did not receive a FMHS ID last week you will need to see Ms. Wallett in the main office to have your picture taken for a temporary ID. A valid FMHS ID will be required to participate in homecoming events.
- Mr. Sissel will be holding auditions tomorrow for The Passion of Dracula. If you are interested in auditioning please report to room 302 tomorrow at 3:30.
- The Fort Madison YMCA is looking to hire additional lifeguards. If interested you would have to be lifeguard and CPR certified. If you are not certified, we can arrange for a life guard certification class to get you certified. Hours vary between evenings and weekends. If interested contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- DECA will have a meeting next Thursday, September 29 at 7:00 AM in room 205. All DECA members are encouraged to attend and find out the great things going on with DECA. Anyone interested in DECA or who have a question should see Ms. Weisinger.
- The guidance department would like you to know that they have established a job opportunities board outside of the guidance office. If you are looking for a job, take a look and see what is available.
- Anyone interested in playing girls powder puff or boys volleyball for homecoming please contact one of the following: Seniors-Lexi Schmidt, Juniors-Katie Larson, Sophomore-Chloe Blind and Freshman-Jada Sheppard. There will also be a sign up sheet in the guidance office.
Freshman – if you are interested in helping to build a float for the homecoming parade contact Deanna Warner.
- Seniors – you may vote for the homecoming court from Tuesday through Thursday this week. The court will be announced at the assembly on Monday, September 26.
- The Program Director of the YMCA is looking for a few volunteers to help with youth programs throughout the year. The tasks could vary depending on the sport or activity. If interested, contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- If you are a senior and have a free block in your schedule and are looking to earn volunteer hours by mentoring elementary-aged children, Great River Are Youth Mentoring (formerly Big Brothers, Big Sisters) may be a good fit for you. If you are interested, please see Ms. Harter in guidance to obtain an application.
FMHS Activities @FMHSActivities
- If you are a senior looking for ways to pay for college please join the guidance department this evening at 5:30 PM in the LMC for Financial Aid Night.
- Chicken fajitas or crispitos;
- Broccoli or fresh carrots;
- Peaches or tropical fruit.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1937 – The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein was first published.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings series.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: